Let us give them wings...
What We Do
Tvisha began as we, a group of long lost friends, came together after long to realize our own capability to do good in the world. We found ourselves passionate and able, we had the intention, the vision, the expertise and the willingness to go that extra mile.
It did not take long for us to a come to a consensus regarding what or who we wanted to work with. We wanted to work with children since we felt enabling them, giving them better education, better health, better lives, made sure we influenced every other aspect of everything else! They were seeds – and be it the economic empowerment of a nation, an understanding of environment or ecology, society, culture, politics, human values, tolerance, kindness, human rights – in nurturing and enabling a child to know more and know better, we would make sure we enabled a generation to ‘BE’ better, and they could then enable another, and another, and another…
We Provide Care
We Empower | We Strengthen | We Connect
We spent a considerable amount of time helping individuals and studying what development in this sector entailed. We realized that so many people were doing so much good work but… the smaller NGOs in the sector… those pockets of light that worked most passionately, most earnestly, often got left out in the race for attention – and because they were not seen, they were not helped! They had few donors and nearly no institutional support. They were constantly struggling, year by year, uncertain about how long they would be able to run their operations and help the children they were helping…
The reason was simple – these organizations were focused on their core competencies, and rightly so – they were running schools, creating teaching-learning material, ensuring the children they taught were well fed, well groomed, able to defeat their restricting environments, fulfilling growing infrastructural demands… they had no time to focus on fund-raising or networking!
If it is a CRY or a SAVE THE CHILDREN or similar, you don’t need us to support them, they don’t need us to reach you, but a 400-500 children school running in Gurugram, catering to the needs of underprivileged kids, or another running out of Agraa in Sheopur district of Madhya Pradesh, trying to empower tribal children does – and this forms one of the pillars of our work.
Our aim is, not merely to raise funds for their day-to-day operations (along with our individual beneficiaries) but to
- help them raise funds by helping them create a digital infrastructure to reach larger audiences,
- help them network with similar NGOs and larger institutions wherein each can benefit from the expertise of the other
- provide help with developing curriculum, teaching material and teaching aids
- help create infrastructure for expansion (classrooms, bathrooms, labs and libraries) for the organizations and skill based learning (english, mathematics and science training, entrepreneurial mindset training, empowerment through digital media, etc.) for their students
- facilitate teacher training, talks, exchange programs, workshops and seminars to keep them up-to-date with innovation and development in the education sector at large
- mobilize drives – event based fund raising, health camps, sports and extra curricular activities, hygiene, gender sensitization and sex education workshops for students and parents, and so on.